1. You will receive opportunities. You must prepare for them. They will continue to come as long as you are ready.Some may not look like opportunities at the time, and some will be better than others. You cannot take care of all of them properly, so you must carefully choose the best and forget about the rest.
2. There are no mistakes, only lessons.
3. A lesson is repeated until learned. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson. Learning lessons does not end.
4. There is never enough time.
5. There is never enough information.
6. There will always be a better way, but there is never a better time than now.
7. Ask always: "Is there a better way to do this?"
8. Project confidence. Soon, you may even feel confident.
9. Never embarrass your boss.
10. Tell your people to tell you about problems before they embarrass you.
11. Deliver bad news as soon as possible.
12. Your credibility is made up of requests and promises. Learn to make and keep both, and don't waste either.
13. Getting it done is what it is all about.
14. Taking care of your customers (clients) and your staff is good business.
15. Avoid surprises, except those that are pleasant surprises for your customers (clients).
16. Your customers (clients) needs come first, your staff's needs are next, and your needs rarely matter.
17. Keep the big picture in focus.
18. That which is measured is improved.
19. Your expectations of others become true.
20. Your answers lie with you. You get to make all the important choices.